Lovely Succulent Wreath Makes Unusual Display
You Will Need:1 wire ring
Sphagnum moss (peat moss)
12 purple succulent cuttings, trimmed to 3 inches
11 light green succulents, trimmed to 3 inches
11 darker green succulents, trimmed to 3 inches
- Take cutting from plants and trim to 3-inch lengths the day before you make your wreath so stems can dry and harden.
- Soak moss in water for 1 hour
- Make moss “burritos” stuffed with handfuls of cactus soil. Stuff into wire ring until ring is filled.
- Wrap floral wire around ring to hold in place, Space wire to allow insertion of succulent stems.
- Dip each succulent cutting in rooting hormone and stick into wreath, using pencil to make holes in moss.
- Soak wreath in 1 inch of water for 1 hour. Allow to drain in dish rack before hanging. Protect furniture by placing wreath on cake plate or decorative tray.