Outdoor Clematis Getaway
You Will Need:6 large planters
6 clematis plants
2 dozen bedding flowers (petunias, violas, etc)
6 poles about 3 ft. tall
1ft. of wire
- Choose a corner of your yard, deck or patio for constructing this get-away.
- Choose 6 large planters and fill with potting soil.
- Plant one clematis plant deep in each of the containers.
- Plant your bedding flowers (petunias, violas, etc) around the edge of the clematis.
- Place the planters in a semi-circle with a small opening in the front.
- Place one pole in each of the 6 planters near the clematis plant.
- Bring the tops of the poles together to create a tee-pee like structure out of the 6 poles.
- Secure the top of the poles with a wire or string.
- In a few weeks, the clematis plants with grow quickly and climb the poles, creating a great hide-out for children.